Together with my Master student Constantin Kopper, I travelled to Colombia and Costa Rica in February and March 2020 to collect flower material of various Melastomataceae species and perform new pollinator observations. We had hoped to be able to travel back to Colombia in November 2020, but of course, this was not possible. Instead, Constantin was busy reviewing the video material we had collected during our first fieldtrip… for eleven species, Constantin documented pollinators for the first time, including buzz-pollinating bees, flowerpiercers and hummingbirds!
- Busy fall: proposals, papers, analyses, meetings
- A fun side project with high-school student Leah Maier
- Summer fieldwork 2022, part 2: pollination of co-flowering Rhexia!
- Fieldwork summer 2022 – part 1: pollinator communities and reproductive biology of Peruvian Melastomes!
- The role of geographical, phenological and ethological isolation in maintaining species boundaries in Rhexia